Our Commitment to Privacy
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of customer information is a crucial aspect of how Champion Products Corp. ("Champion Products") conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing customer information responsibly and ethically is fundamental to Champion Products' daily operations.
Champion Products endeavors to safeguard and respect the personal and business information of its customers, employees, and business partners in compliance with all applicable provincial and federal laws. All staff members of Champion Products are obligated to follow the company’s procedures and practices when handling customer information.
- Personal information includes identifying details about an individual, such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address and place of work.
- Business information refers to business-related details like business name, address, telephone number, owner(s) and executive officer(s) names, job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated with the same confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent is obtained when a customer signs an application or other form containing personal and/or business information, authorizing Champion Products to collect, use, and disclose the information for the specified purposes. Implied consent is granted by the customer when signing an application or form, placing an order, or agreeing to the Terms and Conditions on Champion Products’ website.
Champion Products collects and uses customer information solely for conducting business and understanding its customers. Personal and business information will only be used for the following purposes:
- To personalize the customer’s experience and improve customer service
- To enhance Champion Products’ website
- To process transactions
- To send marketing materials
Customers' email addresses may be used to send order-related information and updates, as well as occasional company news, updates, product or service information, contests, or promotions.
- Champion Products obtains personal and business information directly from the customer or the customer’s representative. Information collected is limited to what is necessary for conducting business. Customer consent is obtained for any additional use of information.
Champion Products will not sell, distribute, or disclose personal and/or business information to third parties, except as required for business duties, day-to-day operations, or legal requirements. Disclosures to consultants, suppliers, or business partners are made with the understanding that they comply with this
- Once personal/business information is no longer needed, it will be securely destroyed. Legal requirements may necessitate certain information to be retained for a specified period.
- Champion Products protects personal and business information with appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. Access is authorized for employees and agents who require information for their job duties.
- The website may contain links to other sites, but Champion Products is not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites.
- While IP addresses are logged for site administration, visitor movement tracking, and demographic information gathering, these IP addresses are not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Customers' financial information and related data are protected by SSL encryption.
- Customers can request access to their information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If errors are found, customers can notify Champion Products for corrections. If access is denied, Champion Products will provide written reasons for the refusal.
- Champion Products may use customer information without consent under specific circumstances, including:
- Obligation by law to disclose information for investigation purposes under provincial or federal law.
- Existence of an emergency threatening an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- Information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.